We specialise in School Based Traineeships, Labour Hire,
Temporary, Permanent and Outsourced Workforce Solutions.
We focus primarily on the Construction, Hospitality, Retail, Resource, Horticulture and Fitness sectors. Our consultants have a wealth of experience in these areas.
We offer employment opportunities to school students under a school-based traineeships program at no cost. Our industry connections allow students the opportunities to start working in their desired field earlier.
With offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney along with a number of regional satellite offices, we are equipped to assist with any recruitment or training requirement.
With the capability to offer recruitment services supplying any number of contractors, depending on your needs. With consultants servicing regional areas, we can offer a different approach to your standard recruitment companies.
We offer you head start for your Career
School Based Traineeships are a combination of a academic study, vocational education and training, as well as paid industry experience. This allows you to work for an employer, while gaining a nationally recognised qualification and completing your secondary school education.
You must first gain support from your school to undertake a school based traineeships. You source a host employer, who will supervise and mentor you on behalf of Think Labour (Think Labour can provide limited support with the sourcing of a host employer). Your work placement needs to be matched with the qualification that you are seeking. Once a host employer has been confirmed the school works with you to modify your timetable to include time for working with the employer and training with the Supervising Registered Training Organisation (SRTO). You are required to work a minimum of 8 hours per week. These hours can be completed over multiple shifts and you are placed at no cost to the host employer with all insurances fully covered by Think Labour.
• Paid employment.
• This opportunity ensures that you leave year 12 with a head start towards your chosen career
• Your qualification is nationally accredited and recognised
• Practical hands-on experience
• Greater awareness of industry and employment requirements
• Opportunity to begin a career early and a smooth transition from school to work
Think Labour has partnered with a number of SRTO’s that offer qualifications ranging from certificate II to diploma level in a verity of areas. Below are a sample of qualifications:
• Certificates in Construction
• Certificates in Automotive
• Certificates in Horticulture
• Certificates in fitness
• Certificate in Retail
• Certificate in Hospitality
• Certificate in Business Administration
If you wish to be involved in the program, contact Think Labour on 1300 722 003 or email@example.com and request an application be sent to you. Alternatively contact your Vocational Education Teacher, Industry Liaison Officer or Careers Advisor and discuss undertaking a school based traineeship.
We offer your organisation the benefit of hosting a trainee
We employ high school students under a training contract and place them with a host employer for the duration of their training contract.
We are responsible for the quality of the trainee's employment and training. We also provide additional support to ensure successful completion of the training contract.
Both Host Employers and Trainees are protected, all wages and insurances are covered by Think Labour.
If you want to become a HOST EMPLOYER, You are required to ensure:
- to provide a safe and well managed workplace, with good work practices;
- to provide on-the-job mentoring. You can do this by promoting and encouraging our trainee to put into practice the theory that they have learned in the classroom;
- to keep us informed of the trainee's performance, skills, attitude and progress;
- to check and sign the trainee' weekly time sheet as proof of hours worked at your place of business and forward to us via fax or email;
- to advise Think Labour immediately of any accidents in the workplace, and to supply all details as required under WORKCOVER regulations.
If you wish to be involved in the program, contact Think Labour on 1300 722 003 or firstname.lastname@example.org and request an application be sent to you.
Get connected with us on social networks!
We would like to hear from you.